|All Menu-Driven. The PI-5800A requires no special programming skills.
the user merely calls up one of the seven menus, then uses "soft keys" to
control data pattern generation.
Versatile. Output format
selection of RZ (return to zero), NRZ (non-return to zero), high impedance, 50 ohms and
true/complementary provide flexibility in meeting any testing need.
"On the fly" data pattern change. The user has the ability to update patterns without
stopping to reprogram. As much as 99% of a channel's data output can be synchronously
changed while the unit is in the RUN mode.
Second-level looping with nesting. Looping and nesting modes allow a virtually endless
data stream. As many as 256 sub-patterns can be repeated within the main program to
produce patterns more than 250 billion bits long.
Extended-level looping option. This permits additional multilevel sub-pattern
looping. Conditional branching capability at this level adds unmatched flexibility.
- Dc to 50 MHz output clock rate
- 4K bits of memory per channel, with 8K
- High impedance output on half of all
- Sub-patterns can be repeated up to
- Algorithmic pattern entry
- Optional 500 psec increment
- 16 to 64 data pattern channels
- All channels can be RZ
- Dynamic pattern update during RUN
- Optional three-level looping
- IEEE-488 compatible
- RS-232-C interface
- Optional EEPROM program storage
- 7" amber high-resolution CRT
- Remote computer software control with PI-PAT